Summertime is a season for road trips and exploration, but breakdowns can put a damper on your fun before it even has a chance to get started. While proper service and maintenance are important in any season, the high temperatures in summer make it all the more important to make sure that your car has everything it needs to succeed.
Check your tires. The uptick in the heat index means that your underinflated tires could overheat, which can lead to a blowout. To prevent this from happening, check your tires’ PSI once every month or so to make sure that they are at the recommended levels — while you’re there, check the tread to ensure that your tires are ready for the road.
Stay hydrated. You wouldn’t hit the road for a run on a hot summer afternoon without plenty of water, and neither should you take your vehicle out if it’s lacking vital fluids. Before heading off on a long drive, make sure that your vehicle has adequate motor oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. Since bugs are also quite common in the summer, top off your windshield wiper fluid just to be safe.
There are so many steps that you can take to make sure that your vehicle is road-trip ready this summer. If you want to make sure that you’re in tip-top shape, stop into Robbie Roberson Ford and let our service experts get you all squared away.
Traveling along the Georgia coastline offers a vast array of wonderful sights and attractions. The 100-mile journey could be completed in a few hours. Alternatively, those looking to see everything the area has to offer can make it into a four-day venture. Here’s the best road trip in Georgia recommended by us here at Robbie Roberson Ford.
There are few places more pleasant and lively than Savannah, Georgia. Otherwise known as the oldest city in Georgia, 1,600 historic structures remain standing to this day. They blend with modern architecture for a sight you won’t find anywhere else.
Once you’re seen everything Savannah has to offer, it’s time to head to Tybee Island. Also known as Savannah’s Beach, the island offers chartered ecological tours, condos, and much more. Visitors will enjoy freshly caught dinner at one of the many restaurants on Tybee Island.
Darien is a historic community and home to one of the largest shrimp fleets in the United States. Travelers will enjoy a leisurely ferry ride to Sapelo Island to take in a few sights they won’t find anywhere else.
The Golden Isles a few rather unique islands that offer new experience and scenic sights. Jekyll Island maybe relatively remote, but there’s still plenty to see and do, like visit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Driftwood Beach is there for a little rest and relaxation after a much-need road trip.
The spring and summer months are the ultimate time of year for a road trip, and there are few places more beautiful than the American South. Not sure where to begin? Check out this list of Southern road trips:
- Explore Florida from top to bottom, which covers more than 100 miles.
- Make your way through Louisiana, bite by bite, via this Gumbo Trail.
- Drive through South Carolina and enjoy the freshest peaches, right from the source.
- Consider this Texas Hill Country roadtrip, where beautiful scenery and peaceful roads await you.
- Carve your way through the 521,000-acre Great Smoky Mountains National Park, prepared with picnics and campfire equipment.
- Lastly, and family would love a road trip that ends in Orlando, Florida, home to Disneyworld and much more.
Wherever you decide to go, be sure to pack excess fresh water, plenty of sunscreen, and protective sunglasses. It’s also a good idea to map out your route ahead of time and make note of any emergency stop opportunities along the way.
For more car trip tips or to take one of our new Ford models out on a test drive, give us a call or pay us a visit anytime, here at Robbie Roberson Ford!
Making the most of summer is something everyone strives to do, but many fall short. Not every summer day has to be an action-packed adventure, though. In fact, some of the best days involve just sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the breeze (if there is one). From us here at Robbie Roberson Ford, here are some of the best summer activities that will provide rest and relaxation for days to come.
- Picnic – Having a potluck picnic is a great way to bring friends and family together for some delicious food and entertaining conversation. Having each person bring a dish and prepare for a day of fun. You could also throw a backyard summer bash for your neighborhood as well!
- Canoeing – Taking the family out on the lake in an old-fashioned canoe is one way to spend the day. Another is to tip it over (if everyone involved can swim) and make all the occupants go for a dip. At least they’ll cool off!
- Yard Sale – While a yard sale can be held any time of year, hosting one in summer is a great way to get people active and get rid of things you don’t need. As an added bonus, you’ll be able to finish that spring cleaning you’ve been putting off!